Tuesday 9 April 2013

TPACK


Today I will blog about TPACK.



As stated by Matthew Koehler,” Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) attempts to identify the nature of knowledge required by teachers for technology integration in their teaching, while addressing the complex, multifaceted and situated nature of teacher knowledge. At the heart of the TPACK framework, is the complex interplay of three primary forms of knowledge: Content (CK), Pedagogy (PK), and Technology (TK)” (Koehler, M , 2011).

When I looked back at my previous teaching experience, I realise the strengths and weaknesses in my knowledge area. Talking about my strength in knowledge area, I’m more familiar with content knowledge. I will usually prepare the important notes and lessons that I’m going to deliver to my students before I teach them. I have to make sure that I’m teaching them in a right way and to deliver them with proper and appropriate knowledge.

On the other hand, my weaknesses in knowledge area are technological knowledge and pedagogical knowledge. I prefer to teach in a more traditional way where I’ll state down all the important notes and to tell directly to students on what am I going to deliver to them rather than posting up notes in internet. However, ICT tools had make it so much easier now that I could use appropriate lessons or contents which incorporate with ICT in order to deliver appropriate knowledge to students. Besides, I’m not well-trained in kindergarten because I only worked when I’m doing my practical. Therefore, I was weak on my professionalism in teaching. To overcome this, I will try to learn more on teaching so that I won’t be weak on it.

Thanks to TPACK that acts as an amazing concept where me and other teachers are able to know our strengths and weaknesses in teaching through the framework. Hence, it is easier for teachers to discover different ways of pedagogical and contents in order to enhance children effective learning. Last but not least, I hope to carry TPACK along with me in my teaching in regards of any areas of curriculum.
Well, I think that should be all of what I’m sharing here. It would be nice to see about others experience on this and something similar.

I would like to share a LINK for more information about TPACK.

Thanks for reading and see ya’ll. =)


References


Google image.com. (2013). TPACK [Image]. Retrieved April 10, 2013, from    
      http://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&gs_rn=9&gs_ri=psy/


Koehler, M. J. (n.d.). What is TPACK? Retrieved April 9, 2013, from
      http://mkoehler.educ.msu.edu/tpack/what-is-tpack/

No comments:

Post a Comment