Saturday 16 March 2013

What is Pedagogy?

In our University of Southern Queensland study desk, our course examiner David Jones created a forum for us students to discuss about pedagogy in our teaching area.

I would like to share my point of view to you readers. To me, pedagogy is teaching strategies. After going through the past three placements, I realised that there is no teaching strategies that suits all situation. Dealing with different children, different types of strategies will be used to have better learning outcomes. Some strategies are better suited to teaching certain skills and fields of knowledge than others whereas some strategies are better suited to teaching certain student backgrounds, learning styles and abilities.


____________________________________________________________________

Today I cam across this quote "Technology in itself is neither good nor bad. It all depends on how we harness it." and think that it is actually very true.

I heard so much of adults saying that it is an bad idea to introduce ICT tools to the students as young as 2 years old. They says that it actually kills their childhood where they do not get to feel the hands on experience. When I was younger, I got to go out of my house area and play with my neighbour's children. These days in my place, we do not get to see children running around outside the house playing together any more. That is because it is getting more dangerous to play outside instead of using ICT tools as parents are getting more protective. 

To me, technology is actually not bad as some  people's perception. It actually depends on how you educate the children to use it. From using ICT tools, children can actually be more creative to present their ideas through power point or many other software such as prezi. 

Tell me what do you think about the quote above by leaving comment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment